Scientific studies have proven that planning a trip makes people happier, so Minneapolis/St. Paul golfers should have a lot to smile about this winter.
Spirit Air and Sun Country Airlines will be launching nonstop service between the Twin Cities and Myrtle Beach in April, providing North Star State golfers easy access to America’s most popular golf destination.
The Sun Country service will be the first to launch, beginning April 6. The twice-weekly service will fly on Mondays and Friday, originating out of Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (MSP). Sun Country will leave MSP at 7:30 a.m. and arrive in Myrtle Beach at 11:10 a.m., providing time to enjoy an afternoon tee time. Return flights will depart at 8:30 p.m., leaving time to play 36 holes on departure day.
Spirit’s service, also departing from MSP, will begin April 12 and fly on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. The flight MSP will leave at 12:35 p.m. and arrive in Myrtle Beach at 4:25 p.m. Departing flights will leave at 5:10 p.m., providing golfers the ability to play on departure day.
Enough with the flight details, here are the reasons Minneapolis/St. Paul golfers are going to love the new nonstop service:
- Both flights begin in April, the heart of Myrtle Beach’s spring season, and Minnesota golfers will find Grand Strand courses in spectacular condition and average high temperatures of 72 degrees.
- Myrtle Beach, the game’s most popular destination, according to Golf.com readers, is home to nearly 100 courses, including 14 that have been ranked among the nation’s top 100 public layouts in recent years. Courses like the Dunes Golf & Beach Club, Caledonia Golf & Fish Club, Tidewater Golf Club, Grande Dunes and the four layouts at Barefoot Resort, among many others, provide the area with depth and quality other destinations are unable to match.
- As the birthplace of the golf package, Myrtle Beach allows players to combine golf and accommodations to maximize value. Check out a comprehensive list of Myrtle Beach golf package providers.
- For players new to the destination, Myrtle Beach offers another vital perk: our golf package providers are locals. They have their finger on the pulse of the area golf scene and will tailor a trip to meet the needs of your group.
- Both Sun Country and Spirit provide ridiculously low fares!
While winter in Minnesota is just beginning, there is plenty of sunshine on the horizon for golfers.
Source: MBGH Blog